Monday, June 27, 2016

Review: Up in Flames by Abbi Glines


Up in Flames (Rosemary Beach #13)
by: Abbi Glines
Published: June 28, 2016
Published by: Atria Books
Source: NetGalley
Links: Goodreads | Amazon | B&N
The villain of Rosemary Beach finally gets her own happy ending in the long-awaited final novel of the #1 New York Times bestselling new adult romance series by Abbi Glines.

The blockbuster #1 New York Times bestselling Rosemary Beach series ends with a bang when the troubled character readers love to hate gets her very own happily ever after in this eagerly anticipated and overwhelmingly requested story. Known for causing problems for everyone in Rosemary Beach, Nan has been growing up lately, and she’s finally taking center stage—and finding love with the man she least expected.

Peyton's Thoughts

I am not even going to lie - I am a huge Abbi Glines fan. I was one of those who both loved and hated Nan during this series and I couldn't wait to get my hands on this novel. I don't know if I hyped it up in my head, or for whatever thought this was going to be the most stellar novel ever.. It really left me wanting.. MORE. I wanted other people to like her; I wanted her to get her crap together - I wanted her to become someone we could ROOT for!

The men in her life... I honestly feel like they enabled her behavior. She would not be half as bad as she was made out to seem if someone helped her get a grip on herself.. and life. Then we meet Major AND.. yes AND Gannon.. I cannot even sit here and tell you what team I was even rooting for - because most of the time I wanted to throat punch them both.. In the end though - one of them pulled ahead and I was happy with the way things went. In that same area though; I felt it was lacking.. I don't know why, but compared to Abbi's other novels, there was something missing.. that special umpth, if you will.

I am slightly confused on the "relationship" aspect of things as it goes along. She takes a trip to Vegas with Major -- which is another story all in its own. It's there that she meets Gannon.. Once she gets back home, the "dreams" start.. Only they are not dreams.. I think what is throwing me for a loop is how in the world one does not know THAT KIND OF THING is in fact, not a dream... I know these are novels and we are supposed to get lost in other worlds - I just could not get my head around that idea.. in any world.

This book is chalked full of the crazy drama that comes with Abbi Glines stories - I just felt as though Nan was wanting to be liked SO much, that the story wasn't everything I hoped it would be. I wanted so much more for the ending to the series! With that being said; these are MY thoughts; and I am sure others think the story ended perfectly! Nan was liked off and on by me all along & I am completely in love with the fact that she gets her chance at her happily ever after.

I think I am torn here.. I both liked the book and disliked aspects of it.. I am almost certain this review is a big jumbled mess! For the life of me I could not figure out how to get the thoughts and words in my head to translate correctly on your screen! Hopefully, someone was able to make heads or tails of this.. I WANTED it to be so much more than it was - but it didn't completely bomb either.. Does that make sense? I hope so lol.


Connect With Abbi Glines



What did YOU think of Up in Flames?
Are you a fan of Abbi Glines?
Will you be adding this book to your TBR list?
I would love to hear your thoughts & connect in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. I feel for authors. It's so hard to write a closure that will please everyone. I've experience many disappointing endings, too, while others love it. I'm sorry this didn't provide you with a more satisfying ending. I can definitely sense how torn you are with this conclusion, but overall, I'm glad there were some good moments throughout the series. Best of all, the guy you were rooting for got the babe. That's always a plus for me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only attempted one book by this author, I was listening to it as an audiobook, and I just couldn't get into it. But everyone seems to love her so much that I just know I need to try another. Sounds like I might try this series, but know to be wary of this final one. Great review! Excited to be getting to know you this month with the comment challenge!

    ReplyDelete