Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Teaser Tuesday 5/24

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by Books and a Beat.

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

→ Grab your current read
→ Open to a random page
→ Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
→ BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
→ Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



Blind Side
by K.B. Nelson
Add to Goodreads
I accept the part I played in the demise of my marriage.
I accept the things I cannot change.
I’m a cheater. I’m a whore. I’m an outcast in that place I left behind the second the first embers fizzled against the cracks of the night sky.

It wasn’t supposed to be this way. Anyone with the faintest understanding of decency would know this to be true. But it did happen this way. It went exactly like this, because maybe that’s the way things had to go.

There was no way out, and just when I thought of pulling the proverbial trigger, he appeared to me.
He was the student.
And I was his teacher.
And he saved me in every way I imagine one could ever be saved.
So, he became my teacher and I became his student as he taught me how to love again...

Quotes:

#1
"You're hurt and broken. So let me teach you how to live again... I promise, it'll be one hell of a ride."

#2
"I've found peace, and I've found it here with him, and I don't know what that means, but I'm willing to pay the price to found out."



So what did you think of the Ride Hard Teaser?
Are you a fan of Laura Kaye? Adding this to your TBR list?
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Humm, not quite sure this is for me, but hope you're enjoying the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It def took a turn that I was not expecting.. I am conflicted as of right now.. I almost don't want to finish it :(

      Delete
  2. Sounds emotionally intense. I hope you enjoyed it. My teaser comes from Whirlpool by Elizabeth Lowell. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, fascinating excerpts! Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “BLOOD DEFENSE”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an unusual character and not especially likable. I'm curious about her history and what caused her to live the life she leads.
    My Tuesday post features HANGTOWN CREEK – A Tale of the California Gold Rush.

    ReplyDelete