Friday, July 8, 2016

Potter Month - Most Hated



If you visit my blog often, you will know my love for all things Harry Potter is completely and totally real.. borderline insane.. but real all the same.
Which is why I was excited when I stumbled across this little gem for the month of July. Talk about fate! Now I can spend the week discuss things!
Want to join in?! Just visit the Original Post!

This week I have decided to talk about the things that bothered me about the novels. Like most books, there are things here and there that I could not stand. Or things that I wish were different.. but through all seven books, there were 2 things.. 1 scene and 1 person who stood out the most. For the life of me, I just could not get over them!

2 Most Hated Things of ALL the Books

The Way The Ministry Treated Harry

I understand there are rules in place for a reason. I also understand that rules must be kept and punishments should match the crime and all that good jazz.. BUT! I never could shake the feeling that this boy was treated beyond unfair by the Ministry. I know I cannot be the only who who thought that! I literally wanted to reach through the book (and movie screen) and smack Fudge in his grungy face! What is even worse is that it took EXACTLY what Harry said was going to happen - to actually happen - before anyone actually listened to him.. Then it was too late! Had they listened to him in the first place, maybe things would have been different! Stupid Ministry!

Dolores Umbridge

The hatred is strong here ladies and gentlemen. Trying with all my might, I was just not able to move past it. You have NO idea (well, you probably do) just how happy I was when she was carted away into the Forbidden Forrest. I think I actually jumped for joy. The struggle was real.

My Entire Reaction to This Woman

Seriously.. Between the Ministry scenes and that vile woman.. This was my reaction more than once. I am sure I said it over and over again until crap finally started to go the way it was meant to go! have you ever realized that sometimes a book can make you even more angry than something that could actually happen in real life?! The feelings.. THE FEELS!


What was YOUR most hated scene/person?
Did you have more than one?
I would love to hear your thoughts & connect in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. I think Dolores is hated even more the Voldemort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I despise Dolores too, even more than The One Who shall not be Named.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest, who could even stand Umbridge? She was just despicable! I thought it was awesome how Rowling wrote her, and how she symbolised that even the people that are considered to be on the 'good side' (i.e. the Ministry and their workers) could have so much complexity, and could be the 'bad guys' too :)
    Geraldine @ Corralling Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I was talking to my sisters the other day and we all agreed that we hate Umbrigde even more than Voldemort. I mean, Voldemort is evil in a creepy way but somehow it's justify by his horrible experiences as kid but Umbrigde is despicable by her own right! I'm totally agree with you!

    Other things that I don't like of the books is Peter Pettigrew. Who would betray his friends and get them killed just for power? The same who open their hearts for him and treated him just like one of their own. So sad!

    Giova @ Corazones Literarios

    ReplyDelete